Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 2

Close price older than Oct 2017

Hi Is there a limitation on accessing data? I am trying to get a dataframe of Close prices for a list of companies. But no matter on the start date, saves only data from 18/10/2017. Do you know how can I access data from let's say last 10 yr?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ecaterina.biris,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@ecaterina.biris

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @ecaterina.biris,

In addition to the answer by @James.Perkins about the content available,

you may find useful to refer to EIKON DATA API USAGE AND LIMITS GUIDELINE on the retrieval limits.

In terms of the specific limit that you appear to be hitting, 3000 max per single request, you may find this discussion to be useful and comprehensive, every answer providing additional details that are relevant.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
644 4 7 8

The amount of history will depend on the interval you use as well. .. For daily closes generally around 10 years of data sounds about right. If you change the interval="weekly" ,, this will expand the historical universe... (and more for "quarterly").

weekly.png (25.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 2

Can you please tell me what is the limit: Apparently is a limit per query. If I use a list of stocks like 8-9 I receive as answer lower data than when I use just one stock. This limits me in scaling up get_timeseries; and I should use it in a loop.

1568643079251.png (18.8 KiB)
1568642944085.png (24.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.