Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 3

Default price for bonds - Python API

With Datastream it is possible to retrieve Default Prices for bonds - for time series. If my mind serves me right it is MPD.

Is there an equivalent code for Eiokn, specifically the Eikon API for Python?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriesbonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @blucap

Here is an example you can use to retrieve the time series of a bond using an ISIN as an input

ek.get_data('DE000DB7XHP3',['TR.BIDPRICE.date','TR.BIDPRICE'],{"Sdate":'2016-01-01', "Edate":'2016-01-31'})

ahs.jpg (109.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you - However I am looking for CDS spreads, any help appreciated as I am a newby on spreads.

Hi @blucap if you are looking for CDS spreads then I recommend you to use CDSSRCH app in Eikon to find RIC codes, then you can use an example syntax to fetch the data:

ek.get_data('DB5YEUAM=R',['TR.PARMIDSPREAD.date','TR.PARMIDSPREAD'],{"Sdate":'0D', "Edate":'-10D'})

Thanks marcin.bunkowski - that is what I am looking for!

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @blucap

Can you provide Eikon Desktop screenshot on the data you would like to retrieve via Python API ?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

See below:

To be honest, any item that acts as a proxy for CDS spreads will do.
Upvotes
5 2 2 3

@chavalit.jintamalit see below:

eikon-cds1.png (31.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Is this screeshot from Datastream product?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.