question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 2

Convert issuer ticker symbols to RICs with excel

How do I convert "issuer ticker symbol" from Deal Screener to RICs?

Or even better how do I retrieve the RICs directly from Deal Screener?

Thanks!

eikoneikon-com-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ML92,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
318 1 0 4

@ML92

If you use the Screener (not Deal Screener) -> Deals and you're looking at M&A deals, you can add the target and acquiror PermID:

once you have the target and acquiror perm IDs, you will be able to use Eikon Office to reference them and retrieve the RICs.

Formula used for the M&A screen: =TR("SCREEN(U(IN(DEALS)/*UNV:DEALSMNA*/), BETWEEN(TR.MnARankDate,20190912,20190914)/*dt:Date*/, IN(TR.MnAStatus,""C""), CURN=USD)","TR.MnASDCDealNumber;TR.MnAAnnDate;TR.MnARankDate;TR.MnARankValueIncNetDebt(Scale=6);TR.MnATarget;TR.MnATargetPermId;TR"&".MnAAcquiror;TR.MnAAcquirorPermId;TR.MnATargetParentPermID","CH=Fd")

and to convert the PermID: =TR($I$2:$I$57,"TR.RIC","CH=Fd")

deal-screener.jpg (95.4 KiB)
xcel.jpg (207.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.