Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 26 32 35

Date reported for TR.PriceClose

Hi,

I'm doing this and I would love to know why I'm getting a date from a week ago for this company that is not delisted.

currencies = ek.get_data(['EVEE.L'],['CF_CURR','CF_Last', 'TR.PriceClose.Currency', 'TR.PriceClose.date', 'TR.PriceClose'])

print(currencies)

The outcome is:

(  Instrument CF_CURR  CF_LAST Currency                  Date  Price Close
0     EVEE.L     GBp      4.9      GBp  2019-08-12T00:00:00Z          4.9, None)

Does CF_Last provide the price as well for that date, given that they are equal?

What is the scenario here?

Thanks for any help in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
318 1 0 4

Hi @aquilesjlp300 This security last traded on August 12, 2019 and trading is suspended.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary/GB00BYWMFT51GBGBXASQ1.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your helpful reply Agnes!

Even though the stock is not trading, how recommendable would it be for me to use TR.PriceClose.Currency instead of :CF_CURR.

I mean, is not trading but is not delisted, so, as long as it is not delisted I can still get its currency with the RIC with any of the two fields?

hi @aquilesjlp300, sorry I missed your follow-up question. Both fields will give you the currency as the security is not delisted.

Hello @Agnes Terada

Could you please help the client on the follow up question?

Hello @Agnes Terada

Could you please help the client on the follow up question?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.