question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 9 12

. I would like it to save the extracted file in a certain location on my network drive everyday. How can I configure this destination for the extracted file?

I would like it to save the extracted file in a certain location on my network drive everyday. How can I configure this destination for the extracted file, there is a business week schedule.

For TRTH

tick-history-rest-apiextraction
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Prathibha.Mariyappa - This is a private post

Please note we made this query public. There is no reason to leave it internal, customers could benefit from reading this.

@Prathibha.Mariyappa

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@Prathibha.Mariyappa,

You do not say how you created the extraction.

Assuming you are using a scheduled extraction

A scheduled extraction will create the results files on the server. The files can then be downloaded manually, or using the API. For the API we have several example of how to do this:

1. There is a Python sample described here, called TRTH_Get_Latest_Schedule_Files, available under the downloads tab.
  2. There are several Java samples described here. See the three samples where the name starts with DSS2ImmediateSchedule. They all contain code sections to download the files. They are also available under the downloads tab.
  3. There is Postman example, described in REST Tutorial 12. It explains how to check a scheduled extraction status, and how to retrieve the extraction report and files. The code is also available as a Postman collection under the downloads tab.

The Python sample might be the easiest choice for you if the schedule was created manually. It is easy to configure (including the destination directory) and run.

If this answer does not suffice, please give details on what type of extraction you are doing:

• Scheduled or on demand extraction ?
  • Created using the API or manually ?
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.