question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 6 11 17

Helgrind on Feed Handler written on UPA

I am having issues running helgrind on Feed handler written on UPA. After the rsslAccept/rsslInit is done, I see a disconnect from ADH. Is this a timing issue since helgrind makes application run slow? Is there any configuration parameter in ADH that I can tune to allow more relaxed time for connection setup?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @vishal.anand,

As this forum is dedicated to Refinitiv API related questions and discussions, the moderators of this forum are Refinitiv API experts. For question on infrastructure setup, the best way to get an answer from an infra expert, is opening a support case viaRefinitiv Halpdesk Online or dialing your local Refinitiv helpdesk number. If it's not a question, but rather you required hands-on assistance, consult your Refinitiv account management team to discuss the possible options.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @vishal.anand,

If you only observe these disconnects from ADH when Helgrind is running, and not otherwise, I would agree with your reasoning that slowdown introduced by the tool is likely to be the cause of the disconnect. Would check ADH logs, and see what is reflected on your connection.

On UPA side, when rsslConnect is called, you can try passing higher pingTimeout, to see if it will hep you test this way.

Sounds like you are managing your own infrastructure, ADH, and are, therefore, in a sense, in control of your own destiny. If that is the case, you can refer to ADH Installation Guide to pingTimeout and see if adjusting it up some will help. I would not go significantly higher, not without consulting with infra experts, either within your organization, your market data admin/group, or within Refinitiv, Refinitiv Ssupport as several timeouts configured within ADH are interrelated, and one being relatively too high may compromise the integrity of the others.

icon clock
10 |1500

I tracked it down further. The rsslInitChannel is taking around 3-4 minutes to complete. Also the Login message times out. Is there any parameter in ADH/ADS with which I can increase the timeout for init channel and login?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.