Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 26 32 35

Getting null values for prices and volumes.

Hi,

I'm using get_timeseries() to acquire prices and volumes timestamp sensitive. For confirmed transactions, I'm getting values that I shouldn't be getting (null values).

I say we shouldn't be getting them since the transaction has occurred, therefore the price and the volume should be reported, yet I've encountered with some specific cases like the ones in these screenshots that I would like to get some help to solve and spot what the issue could be.

First example:

Second example:

What could be the reason for this happening and how can we fix it? Happy to hear any suggestions.

And thanks a lot for the help you always provide throughout this forum.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

screenshots are not available (don't know why !?) but I assume that null values were retrieved as soon as the limit of datapoints is reached.

The response to any single get_timeseries request for timeseries interval is limited to 3K rows.

For more information, please refer to this question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the reply and sorry to wait so long to answer back. Is extremely weird the screenshots can't be seen (I'm seeing them now).

I'll post them here again if you don't mind:

And this one:

1570893779526.png (27.3 KiB)
1570893813001.png (27.0 KiB)

It isn't a result due to a limited size result (server still returns null values if range of date is limited).

I suggest to contact the Eikon support for deeper investigation.

Hi @aquilesjlp300

I just re-checked the data using Eikon Excel.

And I got the same data point either from Eikon Data APIs or Eikon Excel.

You can contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

To further check if the data is correct or not as @pierre.faurel advised.

ahs.png (129.2 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.