Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 1 3

API Data limits for eikon API PROXY

How is it possible to check data usage and see whether the limit is approaching?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi-limitserror429
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@me39
The limits and their threshold values are documented here.
In most cases it's fairly obvious which limit has been breached. In rare cases when it's not obvious you can generate SxS log as described in this article. When the trace level is set to the maximum the log file will contain details about every request submitted using Eikon Data APIs. For every request that was denied the log file will tell you the reason, i.e. which specific usage limit was breached.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @me39

It is not possible to check the data usage.

However, in Refinitiv, we have an internal tool to track on the usage.

icon clock
10 |1500

Who should I contact, to get this info?

Hi @me39

I think we do not provide this information to users.

me39 avatar image me39 chavalit-jintamalit

Well then it becomes very difficult for us to debug the problem? Like how can we adjust our data retrieval to so they fall within limits, if can´t know the limits we´ve breached?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.