Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 4

Python issue with TR.PrevHoldingsDate

Hi team, there seem to be an issue with item TR.PrevHoldingsDate in Python. It loads in Eikon formula but not in Python. Other items work just fine except for TR.PrevHoldingsDate

ticker = '8590937665'

fields = ["TR.InvestorFullName.investorid","TR.InvestorFullName.investorpermid","TR.InvestorFullName","TR.SharesHeld","TR.SharesHeldValue","TR.FilingType","TR.HoldingsDate","TR.EarliestHoldingsDate","TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld","TR.PctPortfolio","TR.PrevFilingType","TR.PrevHoldingsDate","TR.PrevSharesHeld","TR.PrevSharesHeldValue","TR.SharesHeldChange","TR.SharesHeldValChg","TR.PctSharesHeldChange","TR.PriceClose(Curn=Native)","TR.PriceClose.date"]

parameters={"CURN": "USD", "SDate" : date_data.strftime("%Y-%m-%d")}

Eikon formula:

=TR("8590937665","TR.InvestorFullName.investorid,TR.InvestorFullName.investorpermid,TR.InvestorFullName,TR.SharesHeld,TR.SharesHeldValue,TR.FilingType,TR.HoldingsDate,TR.EarliestHoldingsDate," & "TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld,TR.PctPortfolio,TR.PrevFilingType,TR.PrevHoldingsDate,TR.PrevSharesHeld,TR.PrevSharesHeldValue,TR.SharesHeldChange,TR.SharesHeldValChg,TR.PctSharesHeldChange,TR.PriceClose(Curn=Native),TR.PriceClose.date","CH=Fd RH=IN CURN=USD SDate=2019-09-30",B2)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @AGB

I just did a quick check on both datd retrieved from Eikon Excel and from Eikon Data APIs.

They seem to have identical TR.PrevHoldingsDate data:

ahs2.png (97.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit after restarting Python, client is able to retrieve that field. Issue resolved. Thanks

Upvote
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @AGB,

It will be easier to assist if you were to provide the actual Python call that is not returning the data and to show the output. For example, I just tried requesting for the same ticker with some fields and I'm receiving the TR.PrevHoldingsDate.

ahs.png (45.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 4

Hi @ Uploaded file for the actual Python call. Please check

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @AGB, I don't see any thing uploaded. If it is a simple function call like I provided above, simply give us a screenshot.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.