For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

WorldCheck One API: about specific categories and further information in /v1/reference/profile endpoint

I have some doubts about how I can obtain data from World-Check API regarding an individual, those data should help me to block access to our investment platform or if we finally let it operate.

As you know, when a synchronous screening is performed, Wold-Check sends a series of results in an array called results (if there are no results, well, nothing to worry about).
Within each item of the results array there is a tag called categories that can list the different situations in which the subject is classified.
I have requested access to the complete documentation to see them all, but I think they are the following:
- Sanctions
- PEP (Political Exposed Person)
- Law Enforcement
- Regulatory Enforcement
- Other Bodies

Well, it turns out that although some cases are clear, others do not know if we should prevent access to the subject. That is why it is necessary to know what data I should look at.
For example, if the label is:
- Sanctions: access is not allowed, it is blocked in our platform. Crystal clear.
- PEP: access is allowed.
- Law enforcement: if individual is wanted by the Police then individual is not allowed access, in other cases access is granted. This point is not clear. Where can I take a look at to differentiate options?
- Regulatory enforcement, should not be a reason for blocking, access granted.
- Other bodies, depending on the case is blocked or not, for example if individual is Russian.

As you can see, the Law Enforcement and Other Bodies cases have gray areas and I don't know what data I should take a look to decide if they are denied accessing to our platform.

I know that there is an endpoint that allows you to collect the complete profile given a result (using the referenceId) but I do not know what data of the response of / v1 / reference / profile I have to set in order to determine whether we give access or not.
Can you help me on this and point where I can take a look (I think it is in the World-Check's /v1/reference/profile endpoint but what labels)
Regards, and thank you very much.

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
245 1 0 2

Hello @jjcermeno,

Sorry for the late response. Actually thats a really good and complex question that I would like to explain it for you.

First of all we can't give you a straight answer about how you should treat each entity you screen. I will try to cover each uncertainty that you highlighted.

Let's take an example for name Jafar MOHAMMADI. It's straightly up to you business profile. For exact match on Jafar you get:

"categories": [
            "PEP",
            "Other Bodies",
            "Other Bodies",
            "Sanctions",
            "Regulatory Enforcement"
        ],

This way going only with one category would not work for your application logic.

If you go into the details you might find factors that might decide if its DNDB profile or not.

I would suggest you to use SEQ-case-investigate-world-check-profile: Get a World-Check profile for each profile you are interested in and look at "detailType": "REPORTS" that might give you some wider look at the entities you are screening.

I hope that it helps you a bit with your problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much, Michal, for your response.

I was suspecting that categories, category and details are important. However, while details is text content, categories and category seems to provide predefined values and I would like know all possible values and related fields but the Quickt Start Guide does not mention that. I asked access to full documention (I work for a company that is currently a customer) and despite following the instructions, I still have not access to it. Do you think you can help getting full documentation?

Thank you very much for your help.

@jjcermeno Can you please confirm your WC1 API account so that I can give you access to the documentation?

Don't you think It's a little bit weird to be asked for my WC1 account when you can send me an email asking the same. I am not going to answer to that publicly. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.