For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

How to do integration of electron service with c# .net application

We have done a fresh installation of Electron Zero Daemon (EZD) 1.3 for Elektron Connect on a Windows Server, We need to fetch the latest currency rates from it and for that purpose, we need to integrate it with our C#.NET console application. Need a guide as to how I will integrate it with my application will there be an API call or any dll to refer in my application. any sample code will help.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkc#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@shehroz.khan

Please contact sudith.divakaran@wallstreet.ae who is RDC named user in your company to download RFA.NET or contact Refinitiv sales representationtive to sign RDC subscription.

shehroz.khan avatar image   shehroz.khan moragodkrit.chumsri_1

will sudith.divakaran@wallstreet.ae be able download RDC directly?

@shehroz.khan

RDC named user can register and login to this community and then he/she should be able to download RFA.NET directly from the following link
https://developers.refinitiv.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa-1/downloads

Hello @shehroz.khan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @shehroz.khan,

If you simply have a requirement to fetch the latest currency rates within your existing C# .NET application, there are other options to consider. The ERT in Cloud is a streaming service that does not require any local EZD to be installed and you can connect directly using industry standard WebSocket APIs. Because it is using industry standard technology, you can easily integrate within your C# .NET application. The WebSocket API does contain examples for C# .NET.

I would suggest you discuss this option with your account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@nick.zincone1 Yes my requirement is to fetch the latest bid and offer rate for all the desired currencies. Please discuss and let me know what you recommend?

Hi @shehroz.khan,

Sorry for the confusion - I reworded my recommendation above to be clearer. My recommendation is for you to discuss this with your account manager as they understand your business requirements much more than myself. Hope this makes sense.

@nick_zincone what should be the hostname and app_id, I have provided the username and port which I have. when I am calling through this ERT in Cloud using one of the examples. I am using c# console application to connect.

Show more comments
Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@shehroz.khan

RFA.NET is only TREP API that supports .NET and you can use it to requesting data from the EZD via RSSL connection. Please find more details about the API from the following Link.

You have to download the RFA.NET package, and we provide RFA.NET consumer examples under folder Examples. You may try StarterConsumer example connecting to the EZD server.

Note that only RDC named user can download RFA.NET from the API download section. If you do not have permission to access the section, please contact RDC users in your company to download the RFA.NET. Or you may contact the Refinitiv Sales Representative to sign an RDC subscription.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.