Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 2 0 5

500 internal server error

Morning, i am facing today severe issues with get_time_series on the Eikon Python api:

File "...\lib\site-packages\eikon\json_requests.py", line 194, in _check_server_error
raise EikonError(int(server_response['ErrorCode']), error_message)
eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 500 | Backend error. 500 Internal Server Error

What is the workaround? i need an urgent answer. thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm also facing this issue. Usually, I can handle these errors by waiting 1 second and repeating the request but today a large portion of the requests return Backend error. 500. I haven't faced this issue over the past few months. Please help.

Hello @Mehdi and @miguel.costa,

I just tested Eikon DAPI get_timeseries.

I am able to get back data.

Coul you please confirm, if you continue seeing 500 error with timeseries, or is ot working as expected on your side?

Thanks

Hello @Mehdi and @miguel.costa,

Can you confirm is the issue is still persist in your environments?

Hello @Mehdi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @miguel.costa and @Mehdi,

Sorry that you have had such a hard time with this issue report.

Would like to encourage you in the the future to continue using developer forums for discussions and questions centered around Refinitiv API usage.

If you suspect an outage, if your issue is time-sensitive, as a customer, the best and most efficient approach to be informed is to open a support case with Refinitiv Helpdesk Online provising the complete details. Your inquiry will be assigned immediately and investigated in a timely manner.

Would also like to bring to your attention Notifications & Alerts -> Service Alerts section, as an effective way to be informed of any known outages or planned maintenance.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
20 1 1 3

It is working fine right now. But on Oct 8th was an absolute nightmare. and it took you guys 8 days to get back to us. Not delighted at all. I don't think your servers are very good.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
31 2 0 5

it is also working now but no one from support contacted us regarding this issue, we had to wait a full day before being able to retrieve our market data, it was a disaster.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 2 5 9

Samer issue on our side. A NIGHTMARE.....Refinitiv, please update on the failure

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
53 6 3 6

Same issue here, works fine now and then but currently not able to retrieve data. So not able to rely on the api

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @glefur, @eddy_de_groot and all,

Please note, that when you are experiencing an issue that requires urgent intervention, such as a suspected service outage, posting on developer forums is not a good idea.

Especially, adding answers to a question where an answer has been given and accepted as correct (please observe above). Adding your new question, as an answer to an answered and accepted question is not a good idea, it prevents most of the forum members from ever noticing it.

In such case the best approach is:

1. To immediately check Service Alerts _> Eikon Alerts (if your issue is with Eikon Data API responding with errors).

2. If you don't find the relevant outage noted, then open a Support Case to investigate online or call your local Refinitiv Helpdesk number to do the same.

In this case, I have just tried EDAPI (some time have passed) and the results appear to come back without any issues, does it work for you as expected now? (this is not a given, there may be a myriad of differences, the first that comes to my mind, is that I may be in a different region, and the suspected outage you have observed may be limited)

I hope this helps?

icon clock
10 |1500

@glefur @eddy_de_groot

I can not be sure at this time, as the issue has been resolved according to service alerts, however, if you are in European region, this one looks to have been it:

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.