Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 6 10 13

Field parameters in PYTHON EIKON API

When using th function get_data(), one of the parameters is field which can consist of different values depending on the time of data you are retrieving. This field has itself some parameter such as SDate, Period as it can be seen in this example:

data, err = ek.get_data(['AAPL.O','MSFT.O'], ['TR.ROEPercentTrailing12M(SDate=0D,Period=FI0)'])

Where could I find an exaustive list of the different such fields. When trying out some field in the excel API i always come accross "CH=Fd RH=IN" in teh formula but I have no clue whetehr it is excel specific or also a parameter I should include when use PYTHON API.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapiexcelfields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@Tulkkas

You can use the Data Item Browser (DIB) application instead to see a list of fields and parameters. To use the Data Item Browser, please refer to this article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.