question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 32 41

Dex2. Differences between Eikon and API returns for TickerSymbol, ExchangeTicker

TR.ExchangeTicker and TR.SymbolTicker are empty or don't exist for many tickers from .NS. But dex2 API returns non-empty values. Why?

Sample tickers:

DPRMV2D1.NS

DSTV_r.NS

DSTV_ra.NS

IPRU8539.NS

For most of the Funds RIC without exchange extension matches to TR.ExchangeTicker and TR.SymbolTicker. But Eikon do not show these fields for them at all.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 32 41

Sorry, I meant TR.TickerSymbol.

I've talked to Support in Eikon. They could reproduce it. The problem is with DIB. It does not show the values for some RICs. At the same time, Dex2 API returns the values correctly, as well as Monitor application in Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't think I understand the issue. TR.SymbolTicker is an invalid field and cannot be retrieved using DEX2. TR.ExchangeTicker is a valid field and I have no problem retrieving it for all the RICs you mentioned using DEX2 library or =TR function in Eikon Excel, or Monitor app in Eikon application. Where in Eikon is TR.ExchangeTicker missing for you? A replication procedure to reproduce the issue would be very helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.