question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Moving from Excel to Python

I have an xlsx file of which data I can refresh using the Datastream add-in.

I’m searching the documentation in https://developers.refinitiv.com in order to find a way to pull the same data using Python, but I seem to be a bit lost.

Can you help me understand how I can find ticker names and fields in the spreadsheet and what library to query them with? The file is attached.

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Gil.ashkenazi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
84 4 4 8

Hi @Gil.ashkenazi,

• For ticker search, use this page.
  • For datatype search, use this page.
  • Getting Started with Python documentation is here.

Hope this helps.

Alan

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your answer, I was able to find my data in the first page ("For ticker search"). Now I don't have access to DSWS API, but I do have access to Eikon. How do I find the same data using Eikon? The ticker is "@:USSP500"

@Gil.ashkenazi If you are already using DFO (Datastream for office), please speak with your Refinitiv account manager to enable the DSWS API desktop version.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.