Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
97 10 12 13

X_CURRENCY field

This field seems to be an enumeration. Where can I obtain corresponding field values? 840=USD

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@newuser

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@newuser

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I should start by saying that for records (RICs) on Refinitiv Elektron datafeed, which provides real-time market data to Eikon, fields that start with "X_" and have negative FID numbers in All Fields view in a Quote app in Eikon such as X_CURRENCY (FID -11) or X_RIC_NAME (FID -1) are service fields that shouldn't be used by anyone. To get the currency of the instrument use CF_CURR field instead of X_CURRENCY.

I cannot help but wonder how you got the enumerated value for this field. Get_data method of Eikon Data APIs cannot retrieve this field at all. And legacy Eikon COM and .NET APIs in my experience return the expanded values for enumerated fields.

Given the above I'm not sure why you'd ever need to examine the enumeration of the fields. But if for whatever reason you do, you can find it in the text file named enumtype.def located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Thomson Reuters\Cache\<User UUID>\PersistentFiles\Config\RealTime\Display Templates.

Note that X_CURRENCY field is not found in the enumtype.def file, but you can find CURRENCY and CF_CURR fields, which have the same enumeration.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.