question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Can you confirm if each of these API versions supports encryption?

RFA Java Edition 7.6.0.L1.all.rrg

RFA (.NET) 8.0.0.L1.win.rrg 64-bit

RFA Java Edition 8.0.0.L2.all.rrg

RFA Java Edition 8.0.0.E2.all.rrg

RFA Java Edition 8.0.1.E2.all.rrg

RFA 7.6.2.linux.rrg 64-bit

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello

According to API Compatibility Matrix, the supported RFA versions (7.6 and newer) support HTTP Tunneling(RWF) as shown in Capability Matrix sheet:

HTTP tunneling includes HTTP with encryption (HTTPS). You can find all capabilities which each API supports in the sheet. The document also shows which infrastructure and OS compiler versions are supported with these APIs.

Anyway, I recommend Elektron SDK which can consume data from a cloud-based (AWS) ADS server managed by our company, Elektron Real Time in Cloud product. The channel is encrypted and there is no requirement to deploy infrastructure on site. To access Elektron Real Time in Cloud, the client should contact Refinitiv account team for process and details. The quick starts to consume data from Elektron Real Time in Cloud are listed below:

Moreover, new features (e.g. consuming data from the cloud I mentioned above) are added in Elektron SDK. However, they are not added in RFA because RFA is in maintenance mode.

capabilites.png (21.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

I'm trying to understand which of the existing RFA clients can be configured to establish an encrypted channel with a network load balancer.

RFA (encryption) --> (encryption) NLB -> ADS. The ADS is a client installed ADS in AWS. The RFA clients are assumed deployed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 3

Is there documentation to setup the http tunnel with encryption to an NLB. We looked at the recent rfaj documentation section d3 and it looked like you may need some device or software called a Content Service Switch which we are unfamiliar with.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello MM

I have not found any document that you ask in the RFA package. I recommend you consider using Elektron SDK to consume data via encrypted channel from Elektron Real Time in Cloud . Hence, you do not need to set anything on the server side, just focus on the application. Please refer to my answer above for more details.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 3

We are unable to use elektron sdk. Our consumers don't have the time to rewrite applications at the moment. RFA Java api is what we are using for the foreseeable future

Would you elaborate on what the content service switch is?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello MM

It is SSL/TLS Accelerator which helps to establish an HTTPS connection between ADS and RFA because ADS does not support HTTPS; ADS supports HTTP only. As far as, I know content service switch is one device which have this capability. You should be able to find more info from the internet.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
78.1k 246 52 72

For the HTTPS connection type, it requires an additional encryption device which is in the middle of APIs and ADS to handle encryption. An encryption device could be a hardware SSL accelerator or software.

There is an article available on the Developers Portal: Quick steps to set up an encrypted connection for ADS. It demonstrates how to use a Software called stunnel to perform encryption.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.