For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
462 13 11 15

DSS REST API Options Search

Hi,

We have a futures user who we have recommended uses the Futures & Option search via API to get the constituent RICs for their Intraday Pricing (only) data extractions.

I just wanted to check that unlike the GUI (max. 5000 records) the API retrieves and paginates all/ full results through iterating the "@odata.nextlink" string value?

For reference only:

The extraction limits are https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Home/ExtractionLimits

Intraday Pricing

50000 instruments before file code and chain expansion;

50000 after file code and chain expansion.

Best regards,

Gareth

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@gareth.teage,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @gareth.teage,

The FuturesAndOptionsSearch of REST API supports Server-Driven paging as per metadata xml.

The search result of GUI is limited to 2000 identifiers. While with REST API, I am able to get results more than 50000 identifiers, so I think it provides all search results.

1572583778383.png (31.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.