question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 0 1

DSWS connection via python client api issue.

I have installed the DSWS via pip install and have valid username and password.

I imported the package using:

import DatastreamDSWS as dsw

and used following code to connect:

ds = dsw.Datastream(username='****', password='******')

But when I try to connect datastream from python notebook , i get following message:

User '******' not entitled to ClientApi service

datastream-apidsws-apiconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

@Mahesh.A Kulkarni

Hello,

Based on the error message your ID is not entitled for the service. I would advise contacting Refinitiv Help Desk to confirm if the ID is correctly entitled.

Please note that credentials for Datastream Web Service are Datastream Child ID starting with Z and corresponding password.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Mahesh.A Kulkarni

I have also noticed that you used dsw instead of dsws when installing the package.

Correct path is:

import DatastreamDSWS as dsws

ds = dsws.Datastream(username='XXXXXXX', password='XXXXXXX')

@Monika.Stankovic

Hi, I have used dsw as an alias both while importing and calling datastream. Ideally it should not be an issue.However, upon your suggestion i made the changes you suggested but i still get the same error.

Upvotes
5 1 0 1

@Monika.Stankovic, i have received the child id starting with 'Z' along with the password last Friday. I am able to login to the portal using these same credentials. Can you please share link or email id of help desk whom i can contact to get the issue resolved.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Mahesh.A Kulkarni

You can raise a query via below link or if you have Eikon application by using Contact Us capability (click the button in the top left corner of Eikon and in drop down list select Help > Contact Us):

https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/signin.html

@Monika.Stankovic thanks so much for the help....

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.