Help with AdxRtList invalid field error calling TR.BIDPrice in C#

I try to translate excel formulas to code in C# COM API

I call

AdxRtList.Source = "IDN";

primaryRIC = "GB063345849=RRPS";

AdxRtList.RegisterItems(primaryRIC, "CF_BID"); -- It works Ok

But when I call historical Bid for date

dayNum = 43409

AdxRtList.RegisterItems(primaryRIC, string.Format("BIDPrice(Sdate:{0})",dayNum));

In debug mode I see "AdxRtList invalid field", and update event brings NULL

The source excel formula is:=TR($B$3;"TR.BIDPrice(Sdate=#1)";;;CalcDate)

where $B$3 = "GB063345849=RRPS and CalcDate = 05.11.2018 (i suppose that it is 43409 translating #05.11.2018)

How does the right syntax look in C#, when I add parameter calling TR.BIDPrice?

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

To retrieve fields that start with "TR." using Eikon COM APIs you need to use a separate library named DEX2. See the link below for a tutorial.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-com/eikon-desktop-data-api/learning?content=804&type=learning_material_item

Alternatively instead of Eikon COM APIs you may want to consider using Eikon Data APIs library for .NET, which is capable of retrieving both real-time fields and fundamental & reference data set (fields that start with "TR."), albeit at the moment it can only retrieve snapshot real-time data. The capability to retrieve streaming real-time data will be introduced in future versions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 1 2

Big thanks for help, Alex!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.