Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
35 1 2 6

Valid RIC returns 'Invalid RIC' from Eikon Python API

I am using Eikon Python API to retrieve prices and it is working as expected, but when trying to retrieve the price for the RIC H1ARGWTC1 I get the error 'Invalid RIC'.

The code I use is :

df = ek.get_timeseries("H1ARGWTc1",

start_date="2018-06-01",

end_date="2018-06-10",

fields='CLOSE')

Using this RIC in the Data Item Browser works and returns the prices, which means I have the required permissions.

There is no space in the RIC I use, neither any mistype whatsoever.

Either there is something different regarding this product and needs special handling or an error on the server side.

Anyone who knows something about this or faced a similar situation?

Thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @sfaka

Please make sure that you use H1ARGWTc1.
RICs are case sensitive.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I think case does not make any difference, but did the above code work for you with H1ARGWTc1?

Hi @sfaka

Yes, it works

ahs.jpg (38.3 KiB)

Thank you very much, it is working now. The problem was the eikon version was too old and would turn all rics to uppercase. I had to upgrade to the latest version.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.