For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
25 5 4 7

can not login, java API (exceeded initialization timeout (5 s))

My connection stopped working and I can not understand the reason (if it is on my side or it is application level Reuters problem)

error I got:

Caused by: Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for ***

WARN [main] c.t.e.a.OmmConsumerImpl loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Warning

Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_1

RsslReactor Channel is null

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Error - exceeded initialization timeout (5 s)

loggerMsgEnd

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkOMMlog-in
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @monakhov

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Thanks,

AHS

Hello @monakhov,

Could you please share current status of the issue? Have you verified if that Docker container is able to connect to the server via the RSSL port?

@monakhov,

Thank you for the updated information. Please be informed that the reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25 5 4 7

@Wasin Waeosri the problem in docker installation, I am working on fixing it now. so nothing to do with reuters

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @monakhov

Based on the given error message, the application seems to be able to initiate the RSSL connection with the server but when it failed to login with the server.

What is the version of EMA Java that you are using?

Can you replicate the issue on demand? If so, please enable the XML trace file, then replicate the issue and share the trace file.

You can enable the EMA Java trace messages by setting <XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/> in the EmaConfig.xml file. Please note that this feature requires EMA Java 1.1.0 and above versions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25 5 4 7

how to get application version ?

Also what I observed that form my PC I can log in succesfully

but when running in docker on the server I got error message which I mentioned

so just to confirm - you are sure it reaches Reuters ?

i.e. this error message:

Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_1

is it form OMM client or reuters ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @monakhov

Regarding the EMA Java version, are you using the ema.jar file or ema-<version>.jar file?

If you are using ema.jar file, you can extract the jar file and the version will be in MANIFEST.MF file.

Based on a given information, the problem always occurs when you run the application in Docker. Could you please confirm if that Docker container be able to connect to the server via the RSSL port?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @monakhov

Does the problem still persist in your environment?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.