question

Upvote
Accepted
18 1 4 10

Where to get historical data for Eikon fields not supporting SDate?

Hello.

When using the Eikon Data API get_data(), I am able to set the date for most of the fields that I need using SDate parameter. However, there are a few fields that I cannot set the date, specifically: TR.BetaDaily90D, TR.Volatility90D, TR.NumEstRevisingUp, TR.NumEstRevisingDown, TR.AvgDailyValTraded5D. I understand that I should be able to get the historical data of these fields via DSWS. Would you be able to advise on the equivalent fields in DSWS API get_data() which will give me the same (but historical) data as the EIKON fields?

1) TR.BetaDaily90D: Should I be using Datastream field 897E? If not mistaken this is based on 60-months instead of 90 days? Is there a way to change the period? [ Someone was telling me I could use the expression builder to change the period, but I am not sure how to get the expression and how to put the expression into the get_data() API call. ]

2) TR.Volatility90D: Should I be using Datastream field 550E or 400E?

3) TR.NumEstRevisingUp and TR.NumEstRevisingDown for EPS FY1 and FY2. I saw too many of them at the DSWS online field search. Not sure which is the right one.

4) TR.AvgDailyValTraded5D: I couldn't find any equivalent for DSWS.

Please note that I am a Mac user, so I do not have the Desktop client. Preferably your answer would not require access to the client or excel add-on. Thank you.

Regards,

YC

eikon-data-apidatastream-apidsws-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.1k 3 3 3

@YC

Please note that this forum is dedicated to technical questions regarding APIs and this one is a search query regarding equivalent Datastream datatypes. In such cases please raise a query via Refinitiv Helpdesk or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.