Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Does anyone have a list of python api denpendencies? (problem pip install Eikon application)

In order to get started with Eikon Python API, we must install the eikon python package using the following

pip install eikon

If you are behind a firewall, this can present difficulties. Can Refinitiv provide a list of dependencies eikon python package use, so we can manually install those dependencies first.

Note I have looked at the following link, and these download files do not solve the problem, as installing them prompts the python interpreter to download other files

https://pypi.org/project/eikon/#files

Thanks in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Yingying

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Thanks,

AHS

@Yingying

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Please see this answer I provided in another post. It allows you to configure pip to go through firewalls.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Yingying

To list all dependencies, you can use this command on a computer with internet access:

pip download eikon

Optional, install Eikon API from the downloaded files.

Assuming that you can copy over all the files to your machine.

pip install eikon-1.0.1-py3-none-any.whl --no-index --find-links={path}

ahs.png (101.9 KiB)
ahs2.png (90.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@ chavalit.jintamalit. I cannot see the list using pip download Eikon. As I don't have Eikon installed yet. I cannot install Eikon, as a lot of dependencies my computer cannot access freely as a result of fire wall. A possible solution for me is to download and install manually.

1573830930708.png (52.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Yingying

As I mentioned in my answer that you have to run "pip download eikon" command on a machine with internet access.

In this case, your machine is behind your company firewall and I assume that it blocks the connection. So when you run the "pip download eikon" command, it failed.

Hi @Yingying

I just want to add more information that you do not need to have Eikon Data API installed to be able to run "pip download eikon".

And if you just need the list of dependency, you can refer to my screenshot.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.