For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 3 1 5

How to get Notes for a DSS Intraday snap after a 202 response?

When I make a large Intraday On-Demand request in DSS (Intraday snap) I get a 202 response with a header containing the URL to poll. This is fine. I can get the full results when ready, i.e. after a 200 response to the polling URL. But I cannot find how to get the Notes for a DSS extraction after I get a 202 response.

The example calls I have made are using the Postman examples from the DSS REST API Downloads section on the Developer Portal. Normally I would use ExtractWithNotes, as per the informative article here: https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/dss-extract-endpoint-obsolescence, but I cannot seem to use ExtractWithNotes on a particular extraction Job Id, i.e. the one from the polling URL. Have I missed something?

Two calls that work for the data result are below (the Job Ids are old ones just for illustration), but they do not have the Notes detail. I want the Notes because of the valuable extraction performance information they contain, as per the article referenced above.

{ {protocol}}{ {host}}{ {api}}/Extractions/RawExtractionResults('0x06de134e80511a40')/$value

OR

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractResult(ExtractionId='0x06de134e80511a40')

Thank you.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@mark.ringrose,

ExtractWithNotes is only used on the original data request. If a 202 is received, you do a GET to the location URL.

The extraction notes are not delivered in the 202 response. They are delivered in the 200 response (be it to the original request, or the GET to the location URL).

This is described in DSS REST tutorial 3.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.