Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

download reports with python

I am using your product "Thomson Reuters Eikon" to download financial analyst reports. Given a huge amount of reports and time limit, I found it hard to download manually. I tried using python program but I could not generate downloading links due to your anti-crawler design.
One thing needs to be clarified that I am not downloading every single report on your database.

I just want to download selected analysts’ reports.
Could you please kindly provide some suggestions about how I can download them faster?

In other words :

I want to find a quicker way to download reports with python or whether can I give them my criteria and pay them to download reports? Of course, the python solution is better.

Best

Regine Belliard - ESSEC

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiexcelDownload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @belliard

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @belliard

Eikon Data API(Python) enables you to be able to retrieve realtime data, fundamental data, historical data and news from Eikon Desktop.

It does not create a report nor providing the Eikon Desktop product download link to the analysis report.

Please take a look at this tutorial to see if the API fits with your requestion.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.