Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 3 1 5

Error code 400 | Backend error. 400 Bad Request

I am using the Eikon python API and receive "Error code 400 | Backend error. 400 Bad Request" very frequently and I have to rerun the query to make it work. I am using version 1.0.1 of Eikon. Is there a solution to this problem?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@eric.jian

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.1k 4 7 12

When a request fails because the platform is overwhelmed, an HTTP response with status code 400 and the message "Backend error. 400 Bad Request" is returned. What can be done when a limit is reached?
-Do not silently discard Eikon Exceptions
-Tell your user a limit has been reached
-Consider leveraging the information sent along with the exception
-Try to detect and address datapoint limits

More info

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.