Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

ek.get_timeserires | 404 error : Error code 404

trying to get the python example working. i got a Dev API key, but when i run the time series api call: ek.get_timeseries([MSFT.O], start_date=2016-01-01, end_date=2018-07-26) i get a 404 error : Error code 404 | Client Error: Cannot POST /api/v1/data.

python code:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('***************')

ek.get_timeseries(["MSFT.O"], start_date="2016-01-01", end_date="2018-07-26")

I am able to use Eikon app to get price history

I generated the key using Eikon

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-404
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @bwang1

I suspect that your Eikon account may not have permission to use API feature.

Please try step no. 7 in this article, https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/eikon-data-apipython-troubleshooting-connection-issues-refinitiv

And check if you have API endpoint enabled or not?

I also checked in Eikon user database and I could not find your email, bwang@<xx...xx>tal.com

Please also edit your question to remove the API key, you should not post your API key in public forum.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi Chavalit, I am unbale to see the API endpoint enabled as mention in step 7. How to resolve the same?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @kaustubh

I just checked and found out that you are using Eikon Core variant.

This Eikon tier does not include API feature.

Please contact your account manager to discuss the product tier.

Thanks.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.