Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 14 12 14

Number or RICs returned from screener seems too high

Greetings

I hope someone can shed some light on the following:

I am using the following snippet to get the current active list of shares on the London Stock Exchange:

df,e =ek.get_data('SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,countryprimaryquote))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode,"XLON"), IN(TR.InstrumentType,"Depository Receipt","Equities","Fully Paid Ordinary Shares","Ordinary Shares","Partly Paid Ordinary Shares"))',['TR.RIC','TR.CommonName', 'TR.EXCHANGEMARKETIDCODE','TR.ISPRIMARYINSTRUMENT','TR.ISPRIMARYQUOTE','TR.ISCOUNTRYPRIMARYQUOTE','TR.ISIN','TR.InstrumentType', 'TR.TRBCEconomicSector', 'TR.TRBCEconSectorCode'])

This returns roughly 6900 records, but according the the LSE website and their instrument list (https://www.londonstockexchange.com/statistics/companies-and-issuers/companies-and-issuers.htm. Excel doc on page) there are only:

• 2094 Shares
  • 229 Depository Receipts

Given that I am filtering for active, public and CountryPrimary I would expect to get back the same or slightly less... not > 4000 more RICs....

Can anyone explain this? Where is the main issue. - is the instrument list from the LSE incomplete and I should not worry or is the screener returning more than it should? Am I missing or misunderstanding something with regards to how and what to filter to get the list of equities that represent the UK LSE trading market!

Thank you kindly

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @armandnaude

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @armandnaude

Can you try using SCREENER GUI and see the number of instruments you got back?

And see if you have the same amount of instruments.

Unfortunately, this forum is not the best resource to answer your content question.

I suggest you to contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk by calling them in your local number or submit a ticket at https://my.refinitiv.com/

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.