question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 2 5 10

EZD connection with Proxy

1.) Does anyone know if there has been a successful connection with the EZD via a Z-Scaler proxy?

2.) Does the end connection expect a specific format? We are trying to find out if the Z-Scaler adds anything iike a header or something to the connection going out that may be problematic and causing the what EZD connects to not the respond back with a successful connection ready for credentials..

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Nana

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have already known an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Nana,

I am afraid that Z-Scaler proxy setup is out of our expertise, so it would be very advisable at this point, to contact the provider of the proxy, and try to have them help you troubleshoot.

I have not heard of other such successful connections. I have not heard of problems on this setup either.

On the side of EZD. EZD requires proxy to be defined as proxy host and proxy port combination, not as .pac. .pac being a popular proxy definition, this is explicitly.

From reading a bit on Z-Scaler, it looks like it attempts to inspect traffic on the subject of malware. However, our traffic is propitiatory RSSL protocol. Will the proxy accept the traffic without being able to inspect it? This can be a very far-fetched idea on my side, but the vendor will know if this is what could be happening.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Nana,

In order to better understand your use case and to help answer your questions.

I think it will be helpful to first verify that your EZD is installed and functioning as expected.

Is your EZD licensed for the machine it is running on ( EZD is licensed for a specific node, or machine)?

Are there any errors in EZD logs when it starts up? When the clients are connecting via EZD?

If you run a regular RSSL or SSL client on the same machine, either your custom application, our out test client rmdstestclient, is either of these applications able to connect and successfully receive stremaing market data via your EZD?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4 2 5 10

Hello Zoya,

Yes the EZD runs fine when connecting to our current proxy which is set to be decommissioned soon. When this connection is switched to the Z-Scaler proxy the connection fails. All other applications which uses the Z-Scaler proxy works without issue.

There are logs and the below message shows up when the connection fails:

Channel initialization failed for socket 6 to host amers2-ec-hmds.cp.thomsonreuters.com error code -1. Text: <Impl/ripcsrvr.c:5978> Error: 1002 Could not read Proxy HTTP Ack received. System errno: (11)

Text: HTTP/1.1 200 Connection Established^M

Proxy-Agent: Zscaler/5.7^M

^M

<END>

I checked and there is no .pac set up on this proxy server. As the documentation makes mention of this kind of error when using a proxy server with a .pac geographical set up. This is not the case but the connection still fails.

Any ideas or are you aware of other successful Z-Scaler connections with an EZD proxy?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4 2 5 10

Hello @zoya.farberov ,

Thank you for your assistance on this, I will follow up the best I can and see what I can find out.

Regards
Nana

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4 2 5 10

Hello @zoya.farberov

Does Refinitive have any option for static IP connection. In order to get around this I need to make a direct connection to the two options and the only way would me to make direct connection rules and we need static IP for these two addresses:

amers2-ec-hmds.cp.thomsonreuters.com[presenlty using: 159.220.50.70]
amers1-ec-hmds.cp.thomsonreuters.com[presenlty using: 159.220.25.86]

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Nana,

Have you tested and does it work for you with Z-Scaler via static IP?

If it does, I will contact the product manager and ask if we will support this setup officially.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4 2 5 10

Hello @zoya.farberov

So attempting to bypass the Z-Scaler and make a direct connection but in order to go through security parameters to get this done needs a static IP. I will make the connection via the URL but it should work as long as the connection is being established from some set IP addresses.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Nana,

We are not able to provide Z-Scaler proxy support, our competency encompasses Refinitiv products and APIs, for Z-Scaler specific information, suggesting to contact the vendor of the product.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.