question

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Can't connect with DSWS for Python 3.6

I'm attempting to connect to Datastream through DSWS for Python (getting a token). I use the code:

import DatastreamDSWS as DSWS

ds=DSWS.Datastream(username='ZXXXXXX',password='XXXXXX')

but I receive the following error message:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='product.datastream.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /DSWSClient/V1/DSService.svc/rest/GetToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0000024E16124908>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond',))

I have checked with the helpdesk that I do indeed have access to the service (and Datastream works in Excel), and my IT department insists a proxy is not needed. I have also tried both my own user credentials, and my employer's.

pythondatastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ursus

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have already known an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

<AHS>

The question seem to be solved off-line via a telephone between Datastream team and the client.
Datastream team did not response to post the answer (yet).

Extend triage.

Upvotes
446 2 2 2

Hi

It looks like your ID is blocked (too many incorrect password attempts) - please contact the helpdesk to get this reset. https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/signin.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Paul - unfortunately this does not seem to be the answer, though. I just received a reset password, and tried it just now. The error message is still the same:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\DatastreamDSWS\DS_Response.py", line 224, in _get_token

proxies={"http":self.proxy}, verify=requests.certs.where()).json()

File "C:\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 112, in post

return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='product.datastream.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /DSWSClient/V1/DSService.svc/rest/GetToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0000024E164BB4A8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond',))

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi, have you just tried to install the new library, or was this working previously?

icon clock
10 |1500

This is the first time I'm trying the new library.

My employer seems to think I should be using a common log-in ID and password for our firm (they call it the API ID and password) - but I have tried that as well, and I receive the very same error message.

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi, There is no common login for access to DSWS. You can access through your Datastream Child ID, or your EIKON login credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

OK, thanks. I have also tried my own log-in credentials for Datastream (child ID beginning with Z), and with my Eikon log-in, but it doesn't work. The initial suggestion of resetting the password has now been tried as well - would you be able to provide some further assistance, please?

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi,

My email is james.bright@refinitiv,com, telephone 020 75421954

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @James.Bright1,

Kindly provide an update, was the matter resolved offline?

Your post will help us lead toward the solutions the next developers with similar questions.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @James.Bright1,

Kindly provide an update, was the matter resolved offline?

Your post will help us lead toward the solutions the next developers with similar questions.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

This would need to be answered by the originator of the question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.