Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
58 4 4 8

Python API Obtain Index name from RIC

I've tried the following,

keys =  ["CAGV5YUSAC=R", "ITEXO5Y=R", "CDXEM5Y=MP", "CDXIG5Y=MP", "CDXHY5Y=MP", "AACAD2Y="]
ek.get_data(keys, "DSPLY_NAME")

but it doesn't seem to work. Calling get_data one RIC at a time also doesn't guarantee results-sometimes NaN is returned. Is there a different field other than 'DSPLY_NAME' that I should be requesting?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricssymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@dshi

From my testing, the DSPLY_NAME field contains information for those items. I also use TR.InstrumentDescription field.

Moreover, you can the Data Item Browser application in Eikon or the Formula Builder in Eikon Excel to find different name fields.

You can also directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitiv for name fields that can be used with the TR function in Eikon Excel.

1576576037864.png (33.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.