Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 1

Which Eikon (Python API) fields to use for implied volatility of bid-offer?

I use the eikon.get_data() function to retrieve the option data. I notice a few fields with the description of implied volatility: 'TR.IMPLIEDVOLATILITYOFASKPRICE', 'TR.IMPLIEDVOLATILITYOFBIDPRICE', 'TR.OPWAskImpliedVolatility', 'TR.OPWBidImpliedVolatility', 'IMP_VOLTA', 'IMP_VOLTB', and they all return different values. Which fields shall I use for real-time implied vol?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @winnie,

This forum is dedicated to the questions and general discussions of Refinitiv APIs usage. The moderators of this forum are also developers, and do not possess the detailed knowledge of various content.

To get expert answers on the content questions, such as "which fields carry specific content", for a customer, the best way is to contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk Online or dial local Refinitiv Helpdesk number.

Please let us know if you are able to proceed and be helped,

-AHS

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.