question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 4 4

ERT in Cloud Connectivity Issue!

Hi Team,

I'm facing 2 issues while connecting ERT in Cloud,

1 . I have account in ERT, and read the document in Quick Start guide and trying to invoke the below command in Mac OS,

> sh gradlew runVAConsumer -PcommandLineArgs="-uname <ERT username/machind ID> -passwd <ERT password> -keyfile <KeyStore file> -keypasswd <KeyStore passowrd> -connectionType encrypted -c amer-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:14002 ELEKTRON_DD mp:IBM.N -sessionMgnt"

getting the below error,

> Task :Eta:Applications:Examples:runVAConsumer FAILED
Ultra Performance API (UPA), Java Edition, LibraryVersionInfo
        productVersion: 3.4.0.0
        productInternalVersion: etaj3.4.0.L1.all.rrg
        productDate: Refinitiv
Consumer initializing...
Reactor.connect failed with return code: -5 error = Required parameter clientId is not set

2. The below issue with SpeedGuide Tool, I created AppKey using EDP API (last check box only) in Key Generator, and used my ERT Machine id, Password, and Key

Any suggestion and help much appreciated! Thank you!

refinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Thangavel.Loganathan

The ETA Java QuickStart appears to be out of date and does not reflect the more recent version of the ETA SDK which now requires clientID (AppKey)

PcommandLineArgs="-uname <ERT username/machind ID> -passwd <ERT password> -clientId <AppKey> -keyfile <KeyStore file> -keypasswd <KeyStore passowrd> -connectionType encrypted -c amer-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:14002 ELEKTRON_DD mp:IBM.N -sessionMgnt" 

Please try again with -clientId <AppKey> parameter.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Umer,

Thank you very much for your reply, looks like server is not reachable, getting the below error. Any idea to run successful?

Connection down reconnecting: Channel java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/10.44.21.34:65139 remote=amer-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com/34.233.36.26:14002]
        Error text: Error initializing channel: errorId=0 text=null
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @Thangavel.Loganathan,

Please refer to API Compatibility Matrix on the subject of Elektron SDK, MAC OS not among supported and tested OS. Windows and Linux are supported, please find the versions listed.

Speed Guide Tool issue may be related. Am not 100% sure on this, seem to recall the tool was not designed for ERT usage. Please provide more info, the link to the download of the version you are trying to run, and will look into this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Zoya,

Thank you very much for your reply, I downloaded from the https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/downloads under ELEKTRON SDK - TOOLS option. If you look at GitHub site https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.EMA.Java.SpeedGuide there is option to connect ERT in Cloud. So i need only three parameters to connect. MacOS supports Linux commands.

Hi @Thangavel.Loganathan,

Thank you.

EMA Java libraries, that are the driving factor behind this example, are not supported on MAC OS. Are you building and running SpeedGuide EMA Java example from github, on MAC OS or on one of the supported OSs?

I'm trying to connect ERT in Cloud System and would like to see the data. I see there is option with SpeedGuide tool.

Upvotes
3 2 4 4

Hi Both, Is there any Url to connect and to get some data? So that i can make sure that my initial setup is correct. Right now am using url.

amer-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:14002
icon clock
10 |1500

Testing from the SpeedGuide, it is using the following URL:

amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com.

1576598233817.png (137.7 KiB)
Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Thank you for pointing out the missing parameter within the quick start guide. The guide has been updated to reflect the later versions of the examples.

As for the SpeedGuide tool, are you able to test on Windows? I just tried testing with incorrect parameters, i.e. UserName, Password, App Key and in all cases I see an access denied. I don't see the output you received. When I do supply the correct parameters, it connects successfully. Looking at the specific error, this seems related to refreshing tokens. Were you able to successfully connect? The SpeedGuide status bar is a scrollable window - it should provide connection details.

Is this all related to you being unable to reach a server? You accepted the answer above but we don't know what the resolution was. Are you able to connect via the SpeedGuide after you resolved your issues?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

Just wanted to clarify the missing parameter (-cliendId) clarified, it's the reason my script failed to invoke. So accepted. Now the url is not connected from my machine both ( amer-1 **** and amer-3***) not connected in my scripts. I use VPN to connect REFINITIV since we are one of the Vendor for REFI.

I couldn't connect in SpeedGuide.

Upvotes
3 2 4 4

Hi Nick / Zoya,

Thank you very much for your support, and i can confirm that connection with SpeedGuide Tool on MacOS is working. I was executing scripts without parameters and entered all 3 inputs in the tool which was throwing me an error.

Now am passing all three parameters in shell scripts while run, so it connects. Thanks again for your support!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.