Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Connecting Eikon into SAS software..

Is it possible to connect Eikon to SAS statistical software in order to retrieve data automatically? If, yes, what are the required steps? I know that it is possible to do that in python, but I am interested to use SAS…

Thanks so much

SA,yahyan

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @sa832,

This is a private comment, visible to you and other moderators of this forum.

Refinitiv does not support SAS integration with examples, guides, tutorials, etc. You are absolutely correct in that it is possible, the integration is up to the implementer, we offer Eikon Data APIs documentation, coding examples, quickstart guides, tutorials and moderated forum.

I have not made this answer publicly visible at this point, allowing some time for the members of community to potentially chime in, with their examples or suggestions.

Hello @sa832

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.1k 4 7 12

A similar question was answered here.

You can use SAS Software to retrieve Thomson Reuters Tick-History Data - guide.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hey there SA832,

I can totally relate to your desire to integrate Eikon with SAS for automatic data retrieval. It's a fascinating endeavor! While the Python route is indeed a common approach, it's certainly possible to bridge Eikon and SAS. Here's a somewhat unconventional solution that could work:

1. Eikon API Bridge: Consider creating a custom Python script using Eikon's Python API to extract the desired data. Then, you can invoke this script within your SAS code using the X command. This approach allows you to leverage Eikon's powerful data capabilities while staying within the SAS environment.

2. SAS/IML: If you're comfortable with SAS/IML, you can use it to execute Python code directly within your SAS environment. This way, you can tap into Eikon's capabilities seamlessly without leaving SAS.

I've experimented with similar integration tasks before, and these methods can be quite effective. It may require some tinkering, but the fusion of Eikon and SAS can yield exceptional results. Best of luck with your data adventures, SA832!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.