For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

How to determine instrument type?

Is there a way to distinguish between two RICs that have the same FID 259 but different instrument type? For example, CNH1M= and CHF40P5M=R both have an FID 259 of 209. On the RIC lookup tool they have instrument types of A:54 and I:AF. Is this information included in the messages?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkricssymbologyrecordtype
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hi @qsiano,

Try FID1, PROD_PERM, permission that is required to consume the instrument.

Using your example,

CHF40P5M=R has FID 1= value 7002

GBP40P5M=R also has FID 1 1=value 7002

while

CNH1M= has FID 1=value 5454

This is more fine-grained then instrument type, as different exchanges will have the same instrument type denoted with different PEs.

However, to get a definitive answer on content, better to ask a content expert directly, consider contacting Refinitiv Helpdesk Online or dialing your local Refinitiv helpdesk number.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@zoya.farberov Thanks, I will try that. Do you know if there is a resource to look up the PROD_PERM for each RIC?

@qsiano,

I do not know of a dedicated lookup tool.

The most straightforward is to subscribe the instrument via any example or custom consumer, rmdstestclient ftool rom Infra Tools package, or Eikon if you are a an Eikon customer-> Quote tool-> View all fields

Ok, thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.