question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 2 1 1

Specify Asset Category in RSearch function in Excel COM add-in

Hi,

I have a question regarding the RSearch functioin in COM add-in in Microsoft Office, Please see attached secreen shot. I downloaded the tutorial 7 from this webiste:https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/com-apis-use-microsoft-office/downloads

Is there a way to specify the Asset Category in this function? The asset Class is bond but i only need the products with Asset Category "bond" not "certificate of deposit" or "commericial paper".

eikoneikon-com-api
capture.png (8.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@swang

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@swang

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

To include only bonds and exclude certificates of deposit and commercial papers use RCSAssetCategory keyword and values 'A:J' in the search criteria, e.g. the full search criteria string might be:

"RawContextFilter:'(DbType eq \'GOVT\' or DbType eq \'CORP\' or DbType eq \'AGNC\' or DbType eq \'OMUN\' or DbType eq \'OTHR\') and RCSAssetCategory eq \'A:J\' and IsActive eq true'"

And the full Excel worksheet function syntax is:

=RSearch("BOND","RawContextFilter:'(DbType eq \'GOVT\' or DbType eq \'CORP\' or DbType eq \'AGNC\' or DbType eq \'OMUN\' or DbType eq \'OTHR\') and RCSAssetCategory eq \'A:J\' and IsActive eq true'","NBROWS:100")

The best way to construct a search expression for use in RSearch library is to follow Search wizard available from Excel ribbon under Thomson Reuters tab. See this answer for detailed instructions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
2 2 1 1

Hi @alexputkov, thank you for your answer and the RCSAssetCategory works! Do you maybe have a more detailed instructions for RSearch function? Because the instructions in this answer didnt work for me

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@swang

You can find documentation for RSearch function in Eikon Excel Help (from Thomson Reuters tab on Excel ribbon select Help - Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office Help. Then in the Search field within the Help window type in "RSearch". The documentation for RSearch function explains function syntax and arguments, but it doesn't list all the search criteria available. For the latter you need to use the Search wizard. What exactly didn't work for you when you followed the instructions in the answer I referred you to?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.