question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 0

Missing data on On Demand Intraday bars extraction

I am requesting Open High Low Last prices on the 1minute time bar interval for On Demand Intraday bars extraction using Tick History API

For a large company like AAPL.O I can retrieve every minute bar from GMT 13:30:00 to GMT 20:00:00 through history.

For a company with a smaller market cap like JYNT.OQ the same request retrieves only about 20% of a given day's minute bar data, with the remaining bars returned blank as though no trading has occurred during those minutes.

Infact, trading has occurred during those minutes and is recorded by other data sources.

Am I given to understand that the TRTH does not record all minute-by-minute data which is available?

Or am I requesting the minute bar data in a way which does not retrieve the entire history of Reuters' database of minute bar data?

Body of the request being sent:

{
            "ExtractionRequest": {
                "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TickHistoryIntradaySummariesExtractionRequest",
                "ContentFieldNames": [
                    "Open",
                    "High",
                    "Low",
                    "Last",
                ],
                "IdentifierList": {
                    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
                    "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                        { "Identifier": "JYNT.OQ", "IdentifierType": "Ric" }
                    ],
                    "ValidationOptions": null,
                    "UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false
                },
                "Condition": {
                    "MessageTimeStampIn": "GmtUtc",
                    "ReportDateRangeType": "Range",
                    "QueryStartDate": "2017-11-20T00:00:00.000Z",
                    "QueryEndDate": "2019-12-20T00:00:00.000Z",
                    "SummaryInterval": "OneMinute",
                    "TimebarPersistence": true,
                    "DisplaySourceRIC": true
                }
            }
        }

To verify that there isn't a problem with my code, I have run an extraction request through the GUI using the same parameters, and have received the exact same response with the exact same sparsely populated Open, High, Low, and Last fields for small cap instruments. The data for the empty timebars is available from other data sources.

To check if this issue has been queried previously, I did a search through the forum and found another user asking the same question:

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/26734/missing-historical-data-for-intraday-summaries-ext.html

Open, High, Low, and Last fields are unpopulated in vast swaths on on the intraday bars for basically all small cap instruments on all intraday intervals (1 min to 1 hour). When data is present for these timebars, it is inaccurate when checked against multiple other sources, and is also truncated to 2 decimal places. This cannot be the quality data from Reuters we are seeking.

How can I direct Tick History to retrieve data from the complete dataset to populate all the Open, High, Low, and Last fields for small cap instruments?

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @nikkoteen2001,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@nikkoteen2001

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @nikkoteen2001 and all,

A support case has been opened by the customer to have these results further investigated by Refinitiv content experts.

The conclusions were:

"...

After further investigation on the query it seems that you were comparing wrong RIC with the other vendor. Other vendor is using Consolidated RIC where as you were comparing with our primary RIC.I already checked RIC <JYNT.O> data in our summarized file and found that the data are all matched with the other vendor data.

So I would suggest the you to use RIC <JYNT.O> instead of RIC<JYNT.OQ> "

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

Hello @nikkoteen2001,

The request you are using looks fine. There is no issue in the request. I have tried to add the BID and ASK fields in the request and been able to get Quote values when Trade timebar is empty. This should imply that, in the record, there is no trade activity during that time.

To verify the content in the record (i.e. comparing to other sources), please contact TRTH Content Support via MyRefinitiv.

1577937985327.png (84.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 1 0

Thank you for your reply.

I understand your rationale, but it is inconsistent with the data provided from TRTH.

Specifically relating to your point, TRTH reports volume for many timebars on the intraday chart, but fails to report Open, High, Low, Last values for those same bars.

(see attached)

It cannot be explained that no trading occurred for these bars with volume but no Open, High, Low, Last data. TRTH is infact telling me that trading did occur by listing a number in the volume column.

I did open a support ticket regarding this issue with MyRefinitiv, and it's in the process of review.

jynt-20191120.png (73.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

@nikkoteen2001,

Thank you for sharing the information. I have tried to verify the issue with raw tick data extracted from the TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest. I have not seen updates on trade price and volume fields (TRDPRC_1 and TRDVOL_1). However, the volume value seems to be populated from ODD_TRDVOL field instead.

This should be investigated further by product content support team as you have opened ticket already.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.