Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 0

Hi, using python api I would like to extract all the funds managed by a given manager fund, and for all these funds get the holdings data from emaxxbh. Is it possible to do that?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifunds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Abid.Orujov

I can see that you are using EMAXXBH app on Eikon Desktop.

The displaying data on the app cannot be access using API.

However, whether the raw data is accessible by API or not, please raise this query to Refinitiv Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/ to check if the raw data can be retrieved using TR functions on Eikon Excel and on which fields.

If the data is accessible, the helpdesk would be able to also give you the field names.

Then you can use get_data to retrieve the same information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1) Open Eikon

2) search for EMAXXBH app and open it

3) navigate to firm query, search for blackrock, and you will see list of firms. Choose the one with city New York there (ie BlackRock Financial Management, Inc)

4) from the firm profile, navigate to Funds/Portfolios - basically this is the list of all funds managed by the firm above. (in my screen shot I just sorted the by Par Held*)

5) Click over one of the funds, you will see the all bond holdings for that fund.

Since I need analysis for many funds managed by different firms, doing this way is not feasible. That's why I need API for this

Thanks!

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Abid.Orujov

You cannot use Eikon Data APIs(Python) to screen for funds.

You can use Fund Screener app on Eikon Desktop

1. Type FSCREEN in Eikon Search bar and press enter

2. Add any search criteria, in your case, fund manager name

3. Click on "Preview Number Of Assets" then click on "Generate Report"

4. You will see a list of FUND RIC

5. You can export this list to csv if needed

Once you have a list of RIC, you can use this API call to get holding RIC

In this example, I am using LP68387770 as sample RIC code.

data,e = ek.get_data("LP68387770",
                     ["TR.FundHoldingRIC(StartNum=0,EndNum=2000)",
                      "TR.FundNumberOfShares(StartNum=0,EndNum=2000)",
                      "TR.FundPercentageOfFundAssets(StartNum=0,EndNum=2000)"])

Here is sample output:

ahs1.png (406.7 KiB)
ahs2.png (33.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you, this is useful. But I am mainly interested in bondholders from EMAXX. As an example I have attached two screen shots from EMAXX:

1) Fund Manager and list of the funds managed (BlackRock Financial Management, Inc, in attached example)

2) BondHoldings for every fund in the above list. (BlackRock Strategic Income Opportunities Portfolio, in attached example).

But I need to be able to do that using API, because I am planning to do similar things for many different funds and their holdings. So, downloading and using excel from EMAXX is not feasible. Screen Shots are below:

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.