Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 3 3

Request ESG data with C#

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET project with C#. I'd like to source the ESG data like in the API playground (e.g. https://api.refinitiv.com/data/environmental-social-governance/v1/views/scores-standard?universe=6758.T) via C#.

Which APIs (e.g. EikonDataAPI) do I need to install and can I do that without using Phyton?

Best,
Adrian

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apic#.netesg
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @Adrian Marti,

The Refinitiv Data Platform Library for .NET is a community owned API that should be able to provide access to ESG content. If you are accessing from the desktop, ensure you have the minimum version of Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace as outlined within the Quick Start. The learning material within this space includes a .NET package that demonstrates access to ESG data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

HI @Adrian Marti, The Eikon Data API and the Refinitiv Data Platform are two unique product offerings.

The link from API playground is for RDP, which is a service provided using RESTful Web service and does not enforce any language/API requirement from us. A user is free to choose and implement it in any language/package they wish to use. We provide starting code samples in Python and Postman collections - which a user can port to any other language.

Eikon Data API, require that a user have a running Eikon instance on their desktop. Python is the only supported language for this. There is a COM and a .NET version, but it is not being actively supported. See the API family here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 3 3

Hi @nick.zincone.1

Thx for the example and I got that working. Just one more question. My data is based on ISIN and I'd like to get the PermID by ISIN. Can I also do that with RDP for .NET library?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @Adrian Marti,

Yes, simply use the ISIN within the Universe specification. If you look at the swagger documentation for the ESG Endpoint, it documents this:

1579014401056.png (183.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.