For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

Do BRLXX=TRNY RICs only update once per day?

I recently started requesting BRLXX=TRNY RICs with RSSL_RQMF_STREAMING on. However, unlike the other RICs I am subscribed to, I only get one response for the BRL symbols. When I restart my application after a while, I again get the BRL symbols only once, and they have the same values as the previous responses. These are the first TRNY RICs I have requested. Do I need to do something different to get streaming data from TRNY RICs, or do these RICs just not update throughout the day?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkricsstreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @gsiano

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @gsiano

The RICs BLRXX=TRNY like BLR3M=TRNY, BLR6M=TRNY or BLR3Y=TRNY are consolidate RICs that consolidate data of US Dollar/Brazilian Real FX Forward Swap based on time.

Example: 3 months (3M), 3 years (3Y) ,etc. I suggest you confirm the RICs behavior with data team directly via Get Support of MyRefinitiv as my colleague have mentioned above.

capture.png (64.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @gsiano

It is possible that the RICs only update once per day. This depends one the feed which generates data. API just passes data as it receives from the feed to the application. When the application requests with streaming, if the feed generates any data, the API/application will get it.

Please contact the feed/data team who can verify the data behaviors of these RICs. You can submit the query to the data team directly via Get Support of MyRefinitiv

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.