question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Could not load file or assembly 'RFA8_NET100_x64.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Hi All,

We have a WCF Service application(Data Services) which consumes RFA8_NET100_x64.dll library to retrieve business related data.

When I debug this .NET application in visual studio the library(RFA8_NET100_X64.dll) is loading fine we are able to connect to this library via WCF application for data retrieval but when I package and install the WCF application along with "RFA8_NET100_X64.dll" library in some azure environments with Windows Server 2016 installed, we are facing the below error

ERROR:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RFA8_NET100_x64.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

at Eon.DataService.Server.DataConnectors.Reuters.ReutersDataConnector..ctor(String name, String description, IDictionary`2 settings)

Even though the library "RFA8_NET100_x64.dll" is present in the installation directory, application is throwing this error.

Whereas the same package version of WCF application worked well in On premise servers(Windows server 2008), windows 7 and windows 10 machine.

Any kind of help/inputs in addressing this issue is really helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Sandeep Swargam.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@Sandeep.swargam

It looks similar to this question.

You are using RFA8_NET100_x64.dll so you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) on that machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @Sandeep.swargam,

It appears the version of RFA .NET you are using is 8.0.x, which is not officially supported on Windows Server 2016 according to the compatibility matrix, i.e.

I would suggest you upgrade your RFA version to the latest (8.1.x) to see if that helps.

Regarding dependencies, although the library: "RFA8_NET100_x64.dll" is present in the installation directory, it is likely complaining about a library that this DLL depends on. You can try to run the depends tool for such situations as it will list dependencies which may not be present, for example:

ahs2.png (22.8 KiB)
ahs.png (42.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.