question

Upvotes
Accepted
58 0 3 4

"Invalid client" error for sub-sequent requests via POST /token from RDP API

Client stucks with requesting a token for sub-sequent requests via POST /token from our API.

Can you give me some hint what might be our client_id and whether this really is the issue I am facing? The highlighted (yellow) parts are related to where I believe the issue is located, but still maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks

Ronny

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformauthenticationtoken
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ronny.holzaufderheide

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @ronny.holzaufderheide,

The client_id is a unique ID used by the platform to identify a specific application. The client should refer to the Quick Start guide which describes what this ID is and how to obtain it.

They can refer to the following section within the Quick start and click on the associated link to create the ID:

ahs.png (24.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @ronny.holzaufderheide

Please note that you can create the Client ID (aka App Key) via the following ways:

• via Eikon Desktop/Refinitiv Workspace application: go to the Search Bar and type "APP KEY", then select the AppKey Generator
  • via AppKey Generator website.
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.