Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
6 2 3 4

Eikon news vs Eikon API news

Client would like to download news via Eikon API for the "Financial Services Agency in Japan. "

On Eikon API, ek.get_news_headlines("FSA AND JAPAN") or ("FSA AND R:JP") doesn't return the same headlines with those I retrive via Eikon using "FSA AND JAPAN". May I know how I should be entering the keyword search? Appreciate for your advise.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@aya.nakamura.0 I found this in 08326810 and the screenshot would be the key to help Chavalit answer in the first place. Please make sure you help include it in the future post. Thank you.

Hello @aya.nakamura.0

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted

If using NewsMonitor in the Eikon with the kyewords "FSA" AND Topic:JP

In the Eikon Data API will require to pass double backslash to pass the query:

headlines = ek.get_news_headlines('\\"FSA\\" AND Topic:JP')

eikon-newsquery.png (26.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @aya.nakamura.0

Type in "FSA AND JAPAN" on the News app and it is being resolved to "R:FSA.AX AND Topic:JP".

I will assume that this is the query you would like to retrieve the data. (If this is not the correct news query, please provide the sample news query)

So here is the sample code which retrieve the same set of headlines.

ahs.png (111.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @aya.nakamura.0

For more information regarding escape character, please read more detail in question.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/53999/news-monitor-search-get-news-headlines.html

It is clearly explained the nested escape character in this API call.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.