Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
32 8 6 5

How do I access data in my Jupyter Notebook for which there is no field in Data Item Browser?

In the Eikon Desktop I can see the following UK RNS Announcements data in Ownership -> UK RNS Announcements:

But these data fields do not appear in the Data Item Browser and thus I do not know how I can pull it from the API. Please would someone give me the code that will allow me to get this data in my Jupyter Notebook?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1579712965856.png (279.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Accepting the answer, since the original question was answered.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @bill39

Usually for content fields related question, please follow @Gurpreet. suggestion to raise the query to Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.

For this specific question, I think you can use this sample code:

df, e = ek.get_data(['AEFS.L'],
                    [
                        'TR.RNSFilerName',
                        'TR.RNSAnnouncedDate',
                        'TR.RNSTransactionType',
                        'TR.RNSARNumShrsTransacted',
                        'TR.RNSARPctOSTransacted',
                        'TR.RNSARTransactionPrice',
                        'TR.RNSARMktValTransaction',
                        'TR.RNSARTotShrsPostTrans',
                        'TR.RNSARPctOSPostTrans'
                    ])
df.head()

This is sample output:

ahs.png (52.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @bill39

This forum is for technical API related queries.

For content-type questions, please raise a Content query from MyRefinitiv which will allow you direct communication with a Content expert.

Select 'I need help understanding content within the product' and appropriate product e.g. 'Eikon'.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32 8 6 5

What changes do I need to make to the code so that:

a) the request is for a list of c.400 stocks that I have created in Eikon

b) the request pulls data for the time period today to 1 year previous on a trailing basis (i.e. if I repeat the request in one week the period will have shifted one week forward)

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.