For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 5 11

HTTP 400 half the time when using accents in name

Hi,

When calling the ScreeningRequest API with a name containing accents, I'm having one time in two HTTP 400.

I'm doing the following when sending my request:

1. The content body is converted to UTF-8.
  2. We calculate the length of the UTF-8 encoded content since UTF-8 payload length is different than the normal payload body.
  3. We're using the normal payload/content body in the dataToSign variable.
  4. Then we use the content length of the UTF-8 encoded in the dataToSign variable.
  5. Next, we're sending the UTF-8 encoded content/payload in the API request.
  6. At last, we send the content length of the UTF-8 encoded in the request header.

For instance with "Stéphane Bern", I'm having a result the first time, then the second time, I'm having an HTTP 400.

Here what I'm sending:

==> POST https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/cases/screeningRequest HTTP/1.1
- entity [Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8,Content-Length: 185,Chunked: false]
- body : {"groupId":"ZZZ","entityType":"INDIVIDUAL","providerTypes":["WATCHLIST"],"name":"Stéphane Bern","secondaryFields":[{"typeId":"SFCT_1","value":"MALE"}]}
- headerGroup (request) : [Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:21:57 GMT, Authorization: Signature keyId="XXX",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date content-type content-length",signature="YYY", Content-Type: application/json]
- The answer : HttpResponseProxy{HTTP/1.1 400  [Transfer-Encoding: chunked, Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:12:22 GMT, X-Cnection: close, Server: ""] ResponseEntityProxy{[Chunked: true]}}

When the return is HTTP 200 :

==> POST https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/cases/screeningRequest HTTP/1.1
- entity [Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8,Content-Length: 185,Chunked: false]
- body : {"groupId":"ZZZ","entityType":"INDIVIDUAL","providerTypes":["WATCHLIST"],"name":"Stéphane Bern","secondaryFields":[{"typeId":"SFCT_1","value":"MALE"}]}
- headerGroup (request) : [Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:21:20 GMT, Authorization: Signature keyId="XXX",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date content-type content-length",signature="YYY", Content-Type: application/json]
- The answer : HttpResponseProxy{HTTP/1.1 200  [Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate, Pragma: no-cache, Expires: 0, X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block, X-Frame-Options: DENY, X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff, Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:13:57 GMT, Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8, Transfer-Encoding: chunked, Server: ""] ResponseEntityProxy{[Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8,Chunked: true]}}

Is there something I am missing?

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @cao-trung.do,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6

@cao-trung.do

The dev team have responded that the issue has been resolved. I have tested this and found all my screening requests with non english characters to be successful.

Please re test and let us know if the issue persists.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

@cao-trung.do

50 percent of the screening requests containing non English characters are failing with 400: Bad request. This has been already identified as an issue and currently worked on by our development team to resolve it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello,

Could you tell us if this problem is solved?

I have the same problem as Cao-Trung. If I use accents in the name or surname, I always get a 400 error.

I use the follow String to calculate the length in the signature and in the API request.

{"groupId":"XXX","entityType":"INDIVIDUAL","providerTypes":["WATCHLIST"],"name":"Marlène Schiappa","secondaryFields":[]}

You can find an attached picture of my implementation (accent error.JPG).

Thank you very much,

accent-error.jpg (88.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1k 2 2 3

Hi @eric.simeoni,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I was wondering if you could provide the sequence of API calls being sent along with request/response headers (please make sure to blur/delete API key/secret) that you are using? I just want to make sure nothing is being missed!

Thanks,

Judith

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hello,

This weekend, we find a solution.

For others, in our Java application, we juste added :

Normalizer.normalize(value, Normalizer.Form.NFD);

To normalize the lastname and firstname.

Thank you,

icon clock
10 |1500

@eric.simeoni That's great! Please reach out again via email or through a question in the forum if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Judith

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

There is a simple way to fix this, you can change

payload.length()

to

payload.getBytes().length

on generateAuthHeaders implementation.

The content-length will be correct after this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.