Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

How can I get access to RSearch Library? And will it help me to access Bond RICs based on criterias?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-apibonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @jeane.samson

Here is the tutorial on RSearch API.

Please see Alex's answer in this forum to construct search criteria expression.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit

Client responded with a specific query hoping we can address this please:

Hi Team,

Below are my queries:

1. I can get the RSearch data on Excel using the Reuters Add In, how do I replicate that on Python
  2. What are the dependencies for this? Is the Library different or it’s the same as “eikon”

Looking forward to your reply. I can give my number if someone can help me over a call. Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @jeane.samson

Bond search is not available on Python API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Hello Chavalit @chavalit.jintamalit

I dont understand that's answering the client's question. First off, you provided steps on how to access RSearch Library and that's fine.

But client is asking will that help him access Bond RICs based on criterias?----and this was not addressed

Also, client mentioned, he can get the RSearch data on Excel using the Reuters Add in. The question is if that can be replicated on Python. If yes, how?

Is the library different or is it the same as Eikon?

Can this be all address please? Or is it possible to get back to the client directly?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jeane.samson

Just to clarify my colleague's comment above about Python - when he says Bond Search is not available on Python he may have also meant to say RSearch is not available in Python. See this previous answer on the forum.

In terms of criteria search for BOND rics, please refer to his reply with link above 'see Alex's answer in this forum to construct search criteria expression' - which explains how to access the criteria search wizard in Eikon Excel and that the resultant formula can be cut and pasted into the RSearch Com Library. If the customer is unable to use the wizard to get the Bond RICs then they should contact the Eikon helpdesk to get some support on using the wizard.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.