For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
83 2 8 6

MRN Python sample - ERT in Cloud (WebSocket)

Hi, I've got an Refinitiv internal account for ERT in Cloud and tested using bundled sample market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py.
It works well but still trying to find other examples on developer community.
May I know if there any good samples to retrieve MRN through ERT in Cloud (not through TREP) using WebSocket?
Please advise.

refinitiv-realtimetreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtomrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @naoto.tatemichi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @naoto.tatemichi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @naoto.tatemichi

You can check the WebSocket MRN News Monitor example in GitHub page. This example uses Elektron WebSocket API to consume, decode and display MRN News data from ERT in Cloud or local TREP. The example is written in JavaScript language but the basic concept is the same for all technologies.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Wasin. I will have a look and try to convert.

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @naoto.tatemichi

Please also refer to the article Introduction to MRN with Elektron WebSocket API

Once the application is logged into the TREP or ERT in Cloud, the technique for requesting and decoding MRN is the same.

They should work through the standard Websocket API tutorials to understand the basics and then they can approach the MRN requirement.

icon clock
10 |1500

<Mod only>

Hi @Umer Nalla

The first link (article) in your answer contains "%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B" word which makes the link broken. Could you please fix it?

Thanks - that was weird... When I click to edit it showed the correct URL? I just deleted and added again and seems to be fine now.

Thanks @Umer Nalla

Parameters I do have in my hand are:
- User Name like GE-A-00xxxxxx-x-xxx
- Generated password
- Client ID (App Key) like 438c3338af5849b7xxxxx
- hostname api.edp.thomsonreuters.com

Are they enough for MRN, too?
It works fine to retrieve real-time pricing data, but it seems I'd need other information, at least URL end point to retrieve MRN.

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @naoto.tatemichi

Did you work through the tutorials I mentioned - especially the one on Connect to ERT in Cloud?This should explain how you login and connect, after which you can follow the MRN article on how to request MRN_STORY for example.

In terms of hostname api.edp.thomsonreuters.com - this is not a ERT in Cloud data host. If you refer to the the initial market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py example you will have noted that it this is the authorisation server, and the example connects to it for authorization and also to discover the various service endpoints/hosts e.g.

apac-2.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com,
amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com ,
emea-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com and so on - all on on port 443.

So, you can use one of the discovered hosts when creating your websocket connection.

Please work through the tutorials and the examples - this should provide a good basic understanding and make the development of your MRN consumer much more straightforward.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Umer Nalla,
I think I need to read thoroughly the documents again.
Will try it again and let you know.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.