Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 1 1 2

get_news_headlines : how to restrict to one stock

Hello,

I would like to restrict the "news headlines" returned by get_news_headlines only to the ticker I asked, would you have any tip on that ?

For example, when I do...

ek.get_news_headlines(query='R:ORAN.PA'+' AND Source:RTRS'+' AND LEN', count=100, date_from='2019-12-31', raw_output=False, debug=False)

...I find that some of the stories have several stocks tagged (for example urn:newsml:reuters.com:20200204:nL8N2A44KK:1) : what I'm looking for is essentially to restrict the results to stories where the only stock tagged is 'R:ORAN.PA'

Thanks,

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @mathieu.duarte

Please refer to the available news search operators:

So it is not possible to limit the search to "only" R:ORAN.PA

ahs.png (56.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
20 1 1 2

Thanks @chavalit.jintamalit ! May you specify how you obtained that "EXAMPLES OF SEARCH SYNTAX AND OPERATORS" page ? Besides, I wondered whether there was a place where I could find the maximum information about search syntax (not just examples). I see for example that "AA" allows filtering on alerts, "ORDIMB" on the topic order imbalances... Thanks, Mathieu.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @mathieu.duarte

On Eikon Desktop, launch News Monitor app and press F1.

For list of TOPIC code, you can type in "TOPICS" on Eikon Search Bar and press enter.

If you still need further help on the content, you can contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (84.3 KiB)
ahs2.png (157.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.