Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 26 32 35

Eikon connection status.

Hello,

Is there a command or method built for the Eikon API that we can use to check connection status for Eikon? I think it would be extremely helpful. If the answer is a negative one, what would you suggest to use as a "Dummy Test" to verify the connection to Eikon is running ok?

I tried CF_LAST on Amazon, Tesla and Apple companies but I want something more robust, don't think CF_LAST will ever send me an empty dataframe for prices when I request data from those companies, but I just want to be certain.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiconnectionstatus
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @pierre.faurel, @Olivier DAVANT, Is there a ping functionality or any other function to check Eikon status.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted

Hi @aquilesjlp300

That's interesting. Although we don't have the way to check the connection from the API call, if you are looking for the data filed that is more robust, I personally use DSPLY_NAME which basically the name of the instrument, so any items would not be empty.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.